Sunday, August 2, 2015

Chernobyl Diaries (2012)

How did I hear about it? In all honesty I first considered watching this film after hearing that Jesse McCartney was in it, I may have fangirled a little everytime he came on screen... Okay a lot. 

How did I watch it? I rented Chernobyl Diaries from my city library and watched it with my dad.
Where did it lose points? The suspension was so fantastic that if the creators could've came up with a more logical and believable threat it could've given me nightmares. The legends behind Chernobyl gave the writers so much to work with and I feel as though they didn't take advantage of it. Also, the ending. Geez. I felt like when storyboarding for this film they bored themselves and just randomly threw something together. 
Strongest points? Much like my favorite horror film As Above So Below, this film built great suspension, I get scared easily and was kept on the edge of my seat for most of the film. 








Rating? 5/10
Would I Recommend It? NO

No comments:

Post a Comment