Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Stanford Prison Experiment (2015)

How did I hear about it? I'm actually unsure where I first heard about it, I believe I was browsing IMDb. Needless to say I freaked out and spent the next few hours researching it. 

How did I watch it? I actually went to the theaters to watch this one! The inner-psych nerd in me couldn't wait until it came out on DVD. 

Where did it lose points? The language was very strong and there were some definitely inappropriate scenes, one in particular that you'll be able to pick out when you see it, but I'm also aware that because it was based on the real thing the film was just trying to capture what really happened. 
Strongest points? This adaptation of the real life Stanford Prison Experiment run by Dr. Phillip Zimbardo, unlike the previous tries of film adaptations, sticks very closely to the facts of what happened. I was very happy to see a film that stuck true to the experiment. The acting was phenomenal, and the casting was as well. On a very serious note... could we talk about how much Billy Crudup looked like a young Phil Zimbardo? 









Rating? 8/10
Would I Recommend It? YES

No comments:

Post a Comment