Sunday, August 2, 2015

Lone Survivor (2013)

How did I hear about it? I first heard about Lone Survivor around the time that it came out, but slowly forgot about it since I am not a huge war-time movie fiend. My dad however rented it from the library a few days ago and watched it while I was away, I got a text from him exclaiming how great the film was, how I needed to watch it and how he even watched the bonus material for the film (a huge feat in my father's eyes). Once I got back a few days later, he happily returned to the library to rent it again so he could watch it with me and see my reaction. 

How did I watch it? I rented Lone Survivor from my city library and watched it with my dad and great-grandmother (whoops).

Where did it lose points? The only clear complaint I had for the film was the amount of cussing, the f-bombs in front of my 95 year old great-grandmother were a little cringe-worthy.
Strongest points? The acting was phenomenal as well as the casting (Huge fan of Emile Hirsch ever since watching Into the Wild and the Bonnie and Clyde tv-mini series). The filming was amazing as well, particularly as they were falling down the hills and each of the men's death scenes. 








Rating? 8/10
Would I Recommend It? YES

No comments:

Post a Comment