Sunday, July 19, 2015

Crash (2004)

How did I hear about it? My really cool psychology teacher gave the class a psych movie list at the beginning of the semester my junior year, even though the class has long sense ended, I'm bound and determined to watch all of them. 
How did I watch it? I rented Crash from my city library and watched it with my dad. 
Where did it lose points? There was repeated and unnecessary language throughout the film and some inappropriate content including nudity and rape.
Strongest points? The "thinkability" and acting were amazing. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I watched it, there's just so many meanings and storylines to consider. I'm a sucker for circle stories and unpredictability, and this film definitely won in both of those categories. I also loved how the film showed the good and bad of every character, you were never sure who to root for, and I think that was done intentionally. With such a large A-List cast you know the acting is going to be phenomenal, in particular I applaud Thandie Newton and Michael Peña. 




Rating? 9/10
Would I Recommend It? YES

No comments:

Post a Comment