Thursday, July 30, 2015

Run Lola Run (1998)

How did I hear about it? My creative writing teacher was stunned when the class was so "uncultured" when we hadn't heard of a list of movies he had rattled off... and I was EMBARRASSED. So of course they all went on to my "To Watch" list, including Run Lola Run.
How did I watch it? I rented Run Lola Run from my city library and watched it with my little sister. 
Where did it lose points? The characters weren't given enough background and story to make viewers feel as though they were relatable, this was the lowest point for me. It also wasn't anywhere near quotable. 
Strongest points? The originality was strong for me. Run Lola Run is almost set up as three separate movies, each beginning the same, but ending entirely differently. It is a great butterfly effect plot that shows if one little thing was different, the outcome could be entirely changed and it could also affect the lives of the people around Lola. It is also thinkable because as you reach the end of the film you begin to wonder which of the three plotlines was real, and how Lola's story really ended.
WARNING: This film is in a language other than English, so subtitles are required.





Rating? 7/10
Would I Recommend It? YES

No comments:

Post a Comment